Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

FOOD FIGHT PHOTO SHOOT | What to do in Columbus Ohio on 8/11/12

I'm so excited for the next Bite-Sized Photo Shoots coming up on August 11th, 2012. The theme? FOOD FIGHT!

This shoot is so perfect for family Christmas cards, a treat for your hard-working employees, friends just looking for something fun to do, a silly engagement session, a great birthday gift, you name it. Get out of the habit of stiff, posed portraits and come have some fun with us instead.  

Wasted food is not usually my thing. Quite the contrary. I stress over a blueberry that fell on the floor (and usually wash it off and eat it.) I eat leftovers I hate because I can't bear to throw them out. I have even eaten off of a discarded plate at a restaurant before. I really did. It was Cheesecake Factory when I was 19 years old, a stranger at the table next to mine left an entire piece of cheesecake behind. I ate it.

As you can see, this food fight theme is an environmental stretch for me, but photographically, I LOVE food props, and messes, and people having fun, being silly, interacting and enjoying the simple things in life. I've dreamed of doing a food fight photo shoot for years, ever since I saw the movie Hook, with the amazing food fight scene.

I've been doing some research on the best foods for a food fight. I found a great list at Apartment Therapy, which included popcorn, oatmeal, pudding, nacho cheese, flour, eggs, and cabbage (no, not a whole head. Ouch.).

Spaghetti, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and applesauce, and milk (to go in water guns) are also on my list, but my plan is to go to GFS Food Service and find the cheapest, messiest options available. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them.






No comments: