Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

An Evening At Val's | Food Photography | Columbus, Ohio

Val Jorgensen, of Jorgensen Farms, graciously invited me to her home for an amazing culinary event, a sausage tasting, before we ever met. (You see, I was scheduled to photograph her for Edible Columbus magazine, but hadn't yet made it out to the farm.)

After I broke the news that I am, in fact, a vegetarian, she still insisted that I come to enjoy the veggie-friendly food and the company.

I'm so glad I did! Jorgensen Farms is located in Westerville, Ohio. They currently supply local restaurants with herbs, honey, eggs and vegetables. They're also venturing into doing weekly CSA dinners and event hosting.




This group all went to The Terre Madre Conference in Italy last fall for the Slow Foods movement.



Insider's Tip: If you get a chance to try their lemon honey, it is to die for!

No comments: